While we have a full page of Terms and Conditions on our website to explain this, we collected some important things that you should know to give you a head start.
Make sure to give these policies a quick run-through before you hit the tables.
HOW DO I CREATE A GLOBAL POKER ACCOUNT?
- To get started with Global Poker, you must be the age of majority in your legal jurisdiction. Once you sign up, you may be asked to provide proof that you are of legal age.
- You may not access our games from any jurisdiction where it is illegal to do so.
- As a member of Global Poker, you are only allowed to have one account with us.
- You may play only on your own Global Poker Account, and for your own privacy and security, you may not let other people use your Global Poker Account.
- If your Global Poker Account is restricted/suspended from Global Poker’s games or if your account with us is closed for whatever reason, you are not permitted to create another Global Poker Account.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GOLD COINS AND SWEEPS COINS?
We, at Global Poker, sell the virtual currency "Gold Coins" which can be purchased and used on our Gold Coin tables. These are basically virtual chips that you can accumulate and play with but are not redeemable for redemption.
When purchasing Gold Coins, you are also given bonus sweeps coins prizes in the form of Sweeps Coins.
The Sweeps Coins can then be used to buy into the Sweeps Coins tournaments and ring games. The best part is, Sweeps Coins won playing with Sweeps Coins are eligible for redemption.
HOW DO I FUND MY ACCOUNT?
We are actually not a 'traditional online poker site' where you can deposit money to play with. Global Poker is a social poker site that offers gameplay for our two virtual currencies, Gold Coins and Sweeps Coins.
If you want to enjoy the fun of the Gold Coin tables all you need to do is purchase some Gold Coins and you are ready to hit the tables. If you want to take part in our Sweeps Coins tables you can do so using Sweeps Coins.
Sweeps Coins can be obtained in a number of ways including, as a promotion when you purchase Gold Coins or by winning one of our Sweeps Coins giveaway competitions or by sending us a letter.
HOW DO I JOIN A POKER TABLE?
- All games are played table stakes. Only funds that you have brought to the table before a hand begins can be wagered in that hand.
- Minimum and maximum buy-ins may vary by table. Any such variations will be declared before you join a table.
- You are also expected to be seated with the purpose of playing.
- Seated players are expected to accept action much more often than they refuse it.
HOW CAN I KEEP MY ACCOUNT SECURED?
- It is your responsibility to take reasonable measures to protect their password and account information and must keep it private from any third party.
- You must also take reasonable measures to protect their computer and internet connection from unauthorized access and malicious software. This may include:
- Having browser protection when playing online.
- Installing virus and malware protection software on your computer.
- Responsible use of public WiFi and unsecured networks.
- Being cautious with suspected spam emails and suspected SMS scams.
- We are not liable for any losses that result from a breach of security on your machine or device.