What is Responsible Gaming?
Responsible gaming is a concept that allows us to offer a source of entertainment that our players can enjoy in a safe, secure and fair environment. We care about our players and want to ensure that any time spent with us stays fun.
In Global Poker, we are committed to ensure that you enjoy your experience on our site, while remaining fully aware of the potential risks that can be associated with computer gaming if don't remain in control.
To help you maintain responsible social gaming and be in control, we have put measures in place which you can access directly from your account.
How to Set Limits?
You may set any of the below limits by filling in "Responsible Gaming" form.
From the drop-down menu in the "Responsible Gaming Options" you will be able to choose one of the below limits:
- Purchase Limit - This will allow you to control how many Gold Coins you can purchase in a set period of time (daily/weekly/monthly).
- Take A Break - This option will allow you to restrict access to your account for a chosen period of time up to 6 months. You will be able to resume your play once the limit expires.
What is Self-Exclusion and how it works?
Should you feel that you may need a better control of your gaming habits or remove yourself from gaming situation all-together, you may opt to Self-Exclude.
Self-Exclusion allows you to indefinitely close your account.
Your account will remain closed until you make a specific request to re-pen your account. Such request will be reviewed by the relevant team. 7 days cooling off period will be applied before you may resume your activity on the site.
How can I know if I have a problem?
If you are concerned that gaming is having a negative impact on your life or someone else's, then the following questions would give you a better indication of the situation.
- Does gaming prevent you from attending work or college?
- Do you game to pass time or to escape boredom?
- Do you game alone for long periods of time?
- Have others ever criticized you for your gaming?
- Have you lost interest in family, friends or hobbies due to gaming?
- Have you ever lied to cover up the amount of money or time you spend gaming?
- Have you lied, stolen or borrowed in order to maintain playing habits?
- Are you reluctant to spend “gaming money” on anything else?
- Do you game until you lose all your money?
- After losing, do you feel that you have to try and win back the losses as soon as possible?
- If you run out of money when gaming, do you feel lost and in despair and feel the need to game again as soon as possible?
- Do arguments, frustrations or disappointments make you want to game?
- Does gaming make you depressed or even suicidal?
The more questions that you answer with “yes” to, the more likely it is that you are having difficulties with your gaming. To speak with someone who can give you advice and support, please contact a counselor on the Responsible Gaming Foundation.
For detailed and complete information you may check Global Poker Responsible Gaming section.